Why be a Team Parent?
We know all of our parents do a TON for their kids, especially when it comes to extracurricular activities. With that said...
We are looking for those parents who go above and beyond, not just for their kids, but for the team! Calling all team parents. We want to activate our most loyal, helpful, and under utilized resource, our TEAM PARENTS!
We are looking for one TEAM PARENT per team, (there can be more than one, but we need at least one per team to take the lead).
WE ARE LOOKING FOR THE TEAM PARENT TO HELP MAKE:
- Coaches feel supported
- Parents feel informed
- Players feel encouraged
Expectations of a Team Parent
- Be the first line of communication for parents to the coach.
- Support the coach in what they need to give the kids the best experience
- Be the direct communicator with the league for any questions or concerns parents might have
- Have a list of all allergies and medical conditions on your team as well as a list of parents contact numbers at every game and practice.
- Inform parents of any new "need-to-know" information. (i.e. picture dates, practice or game schedules, end of the season party, etc.)
- We will send this information to you in a weekly email.
- Plan/ coordinate with parents an end of the year party.
- Making sure that all parents receive their photos, trophies, etc.
- Arrange a coach appreciation gift for the end of the year.
- This doesn't have to cost money, it can be something as simple as a piece of paper with kids saying what they learned from their coach. Or a video of the kids thanking the coach. It doesn't have to cost money, but we want to show our coaches we appreciate them.
- You are the champions for sportsmanship at each game. We want to create a fun, competitive, encouraging environment at each practice and game.
- Maintain the NFL Flag San Diego community. We want each of our teams to become a second family and our league like an extension of that family.
- You might be wondering, what do I get for being a TEAM PARENT? Great question! When you sign up to be a team parent, you get a NFL FLAG SD team parent shirt. You will get a 20% off in the NFL Flag San Diego Store.